Friday, March 18, 2005


If you are a true arab like me, then I am sure you consume large amounts of tea on daily basis. I usualy drink tea about 4 times a day, for an approximate total of about 1 litre/day. Tea provides me with relaxation, great taste, and just the right amount of caffeine. I like my tea sweet, just like the poeple of Der3a (syria). Incase you're wondering I wasn't born in Der3a, I was actually born in Homs.... ok go ahead and make your jokes, I make them too sometimes.. back to tea, here was the tea association of Canada says about tea on their website www.tea.ca NEW RESEARCH PROVIDES EVIDENCE THAT TEA MAY HAVE A PROTECTIVE EFFECT AGAINST HEART DISEASE AND CANCER CAUSED BY SMOKING
FINDINGS PUBLISHED IN OCTOBER ISSUE OF
JOURNAL OF NUTRITION
SEPTEMBER 30, 2003 (New York, NY) - Consuming 30-32oz of tea daily over a period of time - the fluid equivalent of 2.5 cans of soda - may reduce Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad") cholesterol levels by more than 10 percent and decrease the risk of DNA damage caused by smoking, according to new research published as a supplement in the October 2003 issue of the Journal of Nutrition. These and other studies, including government research utilizing emerging biomarkers of cardiovascular health, are included in the supplement titled Proceedings of the Third International Scientific Symposium on Tea and Human Health: Role of Flavonoids in the Diet and provide further evidence of tea's disease-fighting potential in the areas of cardiovascular health and cancer
 Posted by Hello

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home