Monday, April 11, 2005


So I succeded in grabbing your attention.. at least the guys' attention. Today I had my Materials exams (hence the steel). I thought I would share some of what I learned this term.. Do you know that the shiny surface of stainless steel, is actually stainless steel rust? It turns out, that the reason that stainless steel doesn't stain is since its corrosion by-product (rust), is quite unreactive, and it also sticks to the surface really well, hence stainless steel does not erode.. Second cool fact, is that your car is not only painted for protection but it also has a layer zinc, which corrodes quite easily compard to steel, and hence protects your car from rust.. I can't think of any more "cool" facts.. I know you want more, and I know you enjoyed those last two facts, but I can only come up with so much...( that last sentence was sarcastic)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home