Thursday, March 31, 2005


I grew up listening to Marcel Khalifeh; we had all his tapes and I knew all of his songs, when I 5 years old. During my last visit to Syria I bought all his CD's, including Jadal. Jadal is a 4 movement piece that embodies Middle Eastern music from every angle, it's played by a quartet called Al Mayadeen. What makes Marcel different from other great singers is his ability to write music; Marcel is a composer as much as he is singer. Another fact that seperates him from the rest, is his message. In my openion, Marcel did the most for the palestinian cause; he held many charity concerts all over the world. My favourite Marcel songs are Ummi, Jawaz Al Safar, Jadal 3rd movement, and Ittayara (kan fe marra tifl sgheer...) I recommend you go out and give his music a listen!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home