Saturday, August 13, 2005

Lingo Lesson 3


Ever since the last time I put up a lesson, I have come across many words that I use and take for granted. The thing is, once I sit behind the keyboard, my mind goes blank… below is what I have for today’s lesson :)


“Just for kicks” is a term used when you want to imply that you’re not serious about a certain acitivity. It’s another way of saying, just for fun. In a sentence it would sound like this:

“Yo, you wanna do some crazy ass trip just for kicks?”

(if that sentence didn’t make sense, I suggest you catch up, by reading the previous lessons)

Sometimes, when you want to say something is cool, and you have used the word “sick” too many times that day, phat can come in handy..

After saying fat, you have to say “P” “H” “A” “T” fat, since the listener has no way of knowing the spelling of the word you intended. There’s one sweet use for Phat and that is

“Check out that girl, she’s so phat”

In this case the girl should be happy she was called phat.

So guys, the next time a girl asks you “do I look fat in these pants” say “You sure do honey!” then as you’re running away from the raging female, yell out the proper spelling..

If you have seen at least one rap video then you have seen lots of “ice.” Of course “ice” here doesn’t mean actual “ice” otherwise rappers wouldn’t be true to their mission, which is to make their own language.

So what does “ice” mean here.. well, it means jewlery in all forms. Whether it’s the 2 meter long necklace, or a huge platinum dollar sign, it’s all called ice. One rapper actually showed a deep understanding of “ice” when he said

“I keep my neck full of frozen water”

I didn’t make it up, in fact listen to Fiesta Remix by R Kelly.

And they say rappers aint educated…

Aint = is not = are not

“Go nuts” is a cool expression which means “go crazy” or “go where no man has gone before” Basicaly it’s all about pushing the limit, it can be used in sports, stydying, work and anywhere else people can go nuts

Floor it, smoke it, gun it are all phrases used to describe driving. The phrases refer to driving fast of course. You can say “I’m late, I gotta gun it”

“Man, we floored it down the highway” etc..

Well, that concludes this lesson, I have a few more words in mind, but we’ll have to learn those next time.. after all it’s summer time and no one wants to be educated

Next Lesson:

Digging it, Like whatever, Wigger, White washed, FOB

Technorati Tags: , ,


13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home