Saturday, October 22, 2005

Saddam Trial


I must say seeing Saddam in a court is something I could never have imagined. Although, I still think that the way he was brought into court was totally careless. To start an unjust war, kill thousands of Iraqi's, creat unstability, and even terrorist training grounds is defenetly not worth it.

Putting that aside, I think we ought to concentrate more on what's happening now. While it's clear Saddam has killed many, it's important to keep in mind that he is a human being like the rest of us, and that he deserves a fair trial. Which brings me to an intruiging argument brought forth by Saddam's defense team.

Rephrased in my words..

"Since the American led invasion on Iraq was illeglal under international law, then all that follows the invasion is also illegal"

The statement is bullet proof. Laws are made for everyone to abide to, with no exceptions. I wonder to what extent the judge will evaluate the argument.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home