Monday, February 13, 2006

Setting the Record Straight

When there’s nothing good on TV sometimes there’s no choice but to watch crap, and last Sunday was no different. I happened to flick past Discovery and notice the Guinness Book of Records show on. So I decided to watch it, hoping for some cool records to be broken, but as usual Sunday television had to dissapoint. One of the records that was set in the episode was “Most worms eaten in x number of minutes.” So I thought to my self, how’s that a good record? Can we take just about anything and make a record out of it?

I can understand things like “world’s highest base jump,” or “world’s fastest man” but most worms eaten?!?!?! Of course eating worms is not the only useless record that the show has hosted. I’ve seen people eat hot dogs, jars of mayonnaise, spiders, and even glass! Is it really that impressive being a fat ass?

And then there are these records that are soooo specific. Something like “longest interval of time spent on a red hang glider at night” or “longest football throw thrown by a guy on skates” Maybe I’m exaggerating here, but you know what I mean..

So these records got me thinking, if people enjoy watching others eat spiders then why haven’t these been attempted yet:

Fart related

a) longest continuous fart

b) loudest fart

c) deepest note hit with a fart

Booger related:

d) biggest booger taken out of someone’s nose

e) largest mass of snot sniffed out in one breath

yeah yeah, I know what you’re saying now “that’s nasty,” but come on here, do you really think that these suggestions are any more disgusting that eating worms by the handful?

P.S anyone notice the cheesy pun? huh? huh?

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,


9 Comments:

  • At 2/14/2006 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmmm....would it be sexist of me to say that only a guy would have thought of boogers and farts for the guiness book of world records? :P

     
  • At 2/14/2006 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and wait a minute...how can u say nothing good was on TV....Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy were on....BEST SHOWS EVER!!!!!

     
  • At 2/14/2006 10:25 PM, Blogger x said…

    your probably right only guys can think of such things...
    You make a good point about sunday television.. saying there's nothing good on Sundays, when Eva Langoria is on, is blasphemous. ;)

     
  • At 2/15/2006 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and again....a GUY'S response ;)

     
  • At 2/16/2006 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    a couple of months ago (october maybe?) a guy in my part of town broke several guinness records, including "moonwalking the longest distance", i wouldn't be surprised if your suggestions are entered :p

     
  • At 2/16/2006 11:51 PM, Blogger x said…

    I'm telling you queenie, it's pretty easy to come up with a dumb record idea and break it. For example you can attempt "most coffee drank over 24 hours" huh? how about that?

     
  • At 2/17/2006 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dude, "most coffee drank over 24 hours" is not a dumb record idea ;) and i would definately set the bar high enough!

     
  • At 2/19/2006 4:54 PM, Blogger x said…

    Sorry queenie, I didn't mean to offed you ;)
    and you're on! let me know about your attempt, and I'll do full coverage here

     
  • At 4/03/2006 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i recently tarted timing my farts after a particularly long one. I had one yesterday that just wouldn't stop and lasted 27 sec. I found your site because it dawned on me that there may be a guiness record for continuous fart but landed here instead. maybe it could be an exhibition sport for a couple years before actually being recorded by the guiness people.

    BB

     

Post a Comment

<< Home