Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Au revoir Portugal... in pictures and some commentary

Zidane yo3allim al burturghal darsan lan yansooh..

Overall I don't think the French played as well as they played against Brazil, but they proved they can hold on to a lead, even if Bartez fumbles the ball. In my opinion the penalty was fair. Henry probably exaggerated the fall, but the player clearly tripped him without any intentions of getting the ball. Sagnol, and Thuram were amazing in the back, and Rebery was great as usual. The game against Italy will be a tough one for France, but if they find some inspiration I'm sure they'll come through.

Protugal's game was very pathetic and sad. If the players actually stayed on their feet, they would've at least had a chance against France. Christiano Ronaldo is the definition of a horrible soccer player. Does all this fancy step overs, and then dives. The guy doesn't know what sportsmanship means, which was clearly shown by the fans booing him everytime he touched the ball. Figo continued to show he was useless. Everyone raves about Figo..why? I haven't seen him do anything worth mentioning. My tip to the Portugese, learn how to act, because quite frankly, the dives were pathetic.


even she can't get me to cheer for Portugal..

3omar mota7amesson ba3d ada2 faransa irraheeb

10 Comments:

  • At 7/05/2006 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i have to admit, thats a really cute pic....of the girl, not you ;)

    I'm still for Italia, all the way.

     
  • At 7/06/2006 3:31 AM, Blogger مترجم سوري said…

    wallah i think all teams are playing like kids , i don't see any proffessionals playing.
    and the most desturbing thing about the french team that half of them are not even french.
    excuse moi y3ni, will the history remember this?
    will even the french ppl especially in these days take it easy on those who immigrate to their land and say " walhi these ppl are writing out history!"

     
  • At 7/06/2006 8:05 AM, Blogger Yazan said…

    AVENGE US MY BROTHERS,

    AZZURI, WILL Knock out the last hairs on zizou's head.. :)

    1998, 2000 rage will be out in one game.

     
  • At 7/06/2006 8:29 AM, Blogger Omar said…

    I actually felt bad for the portugese.. they didn't show the magic play tricks but they made it to the semi final for the first time in history.. and that was good enough as a start..
    unlike you, I like Christiano Ronaldo and Figo, but I think that they are good only with eachother: Figo as a play maker and Ronaldo as the scorer.. they couldn't break oput of this combination yet..

    anyway, I like france only cos they kicked Brazil out.. god I hate this team.. but now.. it's the masters time

    Forza L'azzurri :)

     
  • At 7/07/2006 4:48 AM, Blogger Abufares said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7/07/2006 4:50 AM, Blogger Abufares said…

    Hey Omar, Way to Go. I have to agree with you on everything you said cause:
    1. I love Thierry Henry and He is the BEST in the WORLD.
    2. I hate Cristiano Ronaldo, his stupid move (he only has one) and his football club Man Utd.
    3. Italian Football is boooorrrriiiinnnnnggggg.
    I wish the French take home the trophy &
    I wish you luck, may you wake up and find yourself next to the Protuguese fan (somebody should console her.

     
  • At 7/08/2006 11:56 PM, Blogger x said…

    Jinan.. booooo

    Rahaf, it was actually said that players like Zidane made immigrants look a lot better in French poeples' eyes. So this phenomena is not so bad if you look at from that point of view

    Yazan, Italy's only good performance was against Germany, they will have to repeat that performance and top it to have a chance against france :)

    Omar, I thought I had you on my side! Montreal hasn't affected you enough I guess ;)

    Abu fares, you're the man. Your taste in soccer is identical to mine, and "min timmak la bab issama" ;)

    speaking of beautiful women, check this article out, it turns out I'm not the only one who noticed this wonderful new phenomena

    http://www.elaph.com/ElaphWeb/Sports/2006/7/160985.htm

     
  • At 7/09/2006 4:27 PM, Blogger Yazan said…

    Zidane can teach my ass a lesson in unsportsmanship.

    Hardluck my friend, the Azzuri is just too good for u guys..

     
  • At 7/09/2006 4:56 PM, Blogger x said…

    hehe I knew you'd come back..
    I don't know what to say, that was a disappointing finish. I lost all interest in the game after he was sent off.
    I wouldn't say Azzuri was too good though, I think France put up a good fight.

     
  • At 7/10/2006 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol Omar....guess u should have sticked with my pick! :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home