Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Another one of those random update posts

3 reasons for why I want to be at the next World Cup

Sorry for not posting as often these days..

Midterms drained my time and energy, and the second half of the term seems to packed with projects and labs. Labs are pretty interesting, since they put some life into the dull theory we learn in class, but writing 20 page reports is not particularly fun. The ideal lab, is a lab where we get to perform the experiment, perform some calculations, and get asked some theoretical questions (orally), all during the lab period. So there’s no take home part to them… but that’s ideal, and school is far from that.

There are a few long weekends in the summer, and I’d like to make use one of them and take a trip to the beach, but we’ll have to see how that turns out. Since like I said before, we’re getting bombarded with projects, so the weekends will probably get spent working on school stuff.

I have had so many ideas for posts lately, but I just don’t have the time to write any. I will be revealing some news that I’m particularly excited about, and that some of you already know, so keep tight.

The world cup is going well so far.. main disappointment has been France. What a waste of talent! In my opinion it’s all the manager’s fault, and Vieira’s, the guy can’t shoot worth crap. And where’s Trezeguet? I hope they go through just so I can see Zidane play a few more games.

Lastly, I want to thank all who voted for me for the Toot design competition. I’m not exactly sure about where I ended up, but I think I was somewhere in the top ten (I was sixth a week before the poll was closed). Top ten is amazing considering the fierce competition and the number of blogs. Congrats to those who won.

10 Comments:

  • At 6/21/2006 6:10 AM, Blogger Sam... said…

    I can see those are very very very good .......reasons... :)

    Cheers

     
  • At 6/21/2006 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *sigh* typical males i suppose.... ;)

    wanna be jealous? my cousin is in Germany right now for the World cup, so he probably already met ur three wishes :P

    anyways, let me guess the good news: ur getting married! LOL....isnt that what ALL Arabs think when u say u have big news?

    oh, and good luck in the rest of your term....inshallah u'll pass with flying colors! :)

     
  • At 6/21/2006 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't know you were into blondes :p

    I'm having that same posting problem, so many ideas, but can't get myself to type them out. I already spend 8 hours in front of the computer everyday and I can't stand to sit in front of it any longer than I have to!

     
  • At 6/22/2006 12:16 AM, Blogger x said…

    we think alike Sam

    Jinan I am jealous.. seriously though, I would want to be there purely for the soccer action. Nothing beats thousands of soccer fans all pooled into one place.. it's heaven!

    Queenie, there's one burnette there ;) you should try writing posts while you're at work, when you're low on thigs to do?

     
  • At 6/22/2006 2:38 AM, Blogger Abufares said…

    I love football even more now.
    It's true what you said about France, particularly about Henry "the best player in the world in my opinion". Brazil is also playing like shit.
    Good luck with your exams. Take some time and smell the "Football Fans" :-)

     
  • At 6/22/2006 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey good luck on those projects!

     
  • At 6/23/2006 5:03 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    typical :P

    good luck on everything by the way.

     
  • At 6/24/2006 11:09 AM, Blogger Betqa said…

    hehe... way to update. Good luck in everything. I hope you have a great summer!

     
  • At 6/27/2006 1:46 PM, Blogger MechanicalCrowds said…

    I would say those are 6 reasons!

     
  • At 6/27/2006 2:54 PM, Blogger Z said…

    I want to be in Germany!hehe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home