Monday, May 15, 2006

Has Arabic music gone mad? 2al "Farfoora Ana" 2al

Rrrrrr... gotta love those all natural girls

Arabic music nowadays and I are in what you call a love/hate relationship. Every male and female singer is an exact replica of the other, in looks and style. Do all female singers go to the same plastics sergeant? Their nose and lips are almost identical!

The songs have no substance, and their mainly a display of the singer in sexy clothes. That sentence sums why I love/hate Arabic music. While I like what I’m looking at, I don’t necessarily like what I'm hearing. And this whole play the video on mute business isn’t all that entertaining, I tried it.

Another thing that I noticed was the cheesiness of the videos. Some of them don’t make sense… wait, most of them make no sense. In one video, the singer steals a girl’s handbag, and then…I changed the channel.

Oh, and I actually saw a video today where the male singer, actually makes out with the model. GASP! My sister noted that this video is controversial because of the kiss, and that he was just seeking attention. I explained “he was only trying to get his money’s worth.” Do you guys know how much these models cost?

Anyway I’ll leave you with this piece of news from Al-Sharq Al-Awsat

لعل ما حصل أخيراً بين الفنانتين هيفاء وهبي ودومينيك حوراني هو خير دليل على هذه الظاهرة، التي باتت بمثابة عادة سيئة لمطربين صاعدين يسعون للوصول الى الشهرة بأي وسيلة. فأغنية «واوا آح» التي كتبت لهيفاء وهبي ولحنها وسام الأمير ووزعها روجيه خوري طرحت فجأة في الاسواق بعدما رافقتها حملة ترويجية لدعمها في الاذاعات والمرابع الليلية. وسبب استعمال هيفاء يعود الى معرفتها ان دومينيك حوراني صاحبة اغنية «فرفورة انا» علمت من حيث لا تدري هيفاء بعنوان الاغنية الجديدة بعدما تسربت الى مسمعها عبر صديق مشترك لها وللملحن. وقامت الدنيا ولم تقعد الا بعد ان انزلت هيفاء الأغنية الاصل ولحقت بها دومينيك بالأغنية النسخة تحمل العنوان نفسه وان بفكرة مختلفة. واخذ كل طرف يدعي ان الآخر سرقها منه. ولم تهدأ الامور الا بعدما صرّح الملحن وسام الأمير بأنه اعطاها لهيفاء قبل اكثر من سنة.

I hate when people steal intellectual property. Wait, does the song Wawa 2a7 qualify as intellectual property?

Technorati Tags: , , , ,


15 Comments:

  • At 5/15/2006 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how silly!!!!
    really god helps them :(

     
  • At 5/15/2006 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahahaha this is gooood! Refer to UTN relevant info.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 1:53 AM, Blogger Barsawad said…

    That's why: Muhammad Abdul'Wahab, Om Kalthoom, Abdel'Haleem and Fareed El'Athrache - will always continue to dominate!

    By 'Arab music' - I don't think you have included those from other parts, like: Sudan, Algeria and Morocco. They have great music too and completely different from what we normally, repeatedly watch on TV. And from the Gulf, there is Meyhed Hemed - another original, who many are trying to copy!

    And from Hadhramout, there is the one and only: Abubakar Salim, whom many have tried to copy but fail!

    Incidently - whenever I watch Arabic music on TV, they are always from: Egypt, Lebanon and the Gulf. Nothing from Sudan at all; and very rarely from the other North African countries!

    Try this site to find the best, from the whole Arab World.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear you ..

    We are listening to and watching trash!!
    I wrote about this a while ago and I direct you to that post if I may ..
    Funny I used the exact same picture of Haifa to make my point .. Thank God I find people who agree :)

    http://anolita.jeeran.com/mind/archive/2006/5/43944.html

     
  • At 5/15/2006 5:34 AM, Blogger Yazan said…

    It's just another business...
    "litterally"

     
  • At 5/15/2006 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol Omar....welcome to the current state of the Arab world. They don't think they can be successful without putting trash in their videos....many have lost their roots and are so Westernized.

    My personal favorites are Jathem Al-Saher and Warda Al-Jaza2iriyah....amazing lyrics with true meaning.

    Every rise has its fall....its just a matter of time before these singers will be washed up and out-of-date.

     
  • At 5/15/2006 9:01 AM, Blogger Omar said…

    despite my absolute disgust with theese latest "developments" in Arabic music... this is really not that different from :"don't you wish your girlfried was hot like me" or " whatcha gonna do with all this junk, all this junk inside your trunk, I'm gonna get get get you drunk.. get you drunk inside my humps".. or.. "it's getting hot in here.. so take off all your clothes... I'm getting so hot.. I'm gonna take my clothes off..." .. etc..
    so let's cut people some slack.. they all gone crazy.. as long as there is a semi naked girl on the screen, who cares what the song says, right?

    pitty for the coming generations

     
  • At 5/15/2006 11:13 AM, Blogger مترجم سوري said…

    يا زلمة شلون ما بتعجب بأخر ما انجزته المبدعة هيفا؟
    ما بتعرف انو الشباب العربي حاليا يتسائلون و يتوندارون ويتشاورون ويتسابقون لمعرفة اين الواوا التي تنادي هيفا لبوسها؟؟؟!!!

     
  • At 5/16/2006 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would rather they keep the natural look God gave them. I will say they do look good!! Don't remember girls looking that good when I was younger. :)

     
  • At 5/17/2006 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very well said ya Omar. These days I might get a heart attack when I accidentally turn to an Arabic music channel...

     
  • At 5/19/2006 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't understand arabic so...
    but in songs that I understand I agree, three major type of lyrics:
    -the weather report >>---> "It's hot" repeated 2876 times, I suppose
    you take off your clothes and jump in the freezer.
    -w.r. n°2 >>---> "It rains on my heart" repeated only 1953 times, my
    advice is to put back your blood pump back where it should be and zip up your chest so you won't catch cold.
    - the "Get up-Get down" bit, 249 times,very tiring work out.
    Man ! Go easy on that one, it's a killer.
    If you put words on good music you must have a butterfly in your head,
    yes, a blue one, but you know that Omar,don't you?
    Hi my friend,long time no see.

     
  • At 5/20/2006 12:39 AM, Blogger x said…

    wedad, god help us ;)

    will do Tololy

    Omar, there are exception of course. But as you have pointed much of what we see is the creme de la crap. Thanks for the site

    Khalidah I will give that post a read for sure

    Yazan, agreed

    Jinan, finally found a Kathem lover, good choice :)

    Omar F, BEP and others had their share of critisim on this blog. Like you said, generally music is going down hill these days, or maybe we're just getting older ;)

    Rahaf, yeah I heard about the "theories" behind the song, ka2ino she Da Vinci Code

    Chet, can't argue with you

    Thanks Eman, with all these news arab channels coming out I wouldn't be suprised if there was a classic music channel where Fairus, Im Klatoum and others are on 24/7

     
  • At 5/20/2006 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol...Kathem lover? i think i'm obsessed! he is so amazing....my one chance to see him was last year in Dearborn, with VIP tickets and everthing...but it was the same night as my mom's cousin's wedding. guess where i DIDNT go? yea....i was upset, bt i do have all his CD's which is not that bad either ;)

     
  • At 5/26/2006 9:55 AM, Blogger Lilly said…

    its hard to listen to a nice arabic songs these days :(

     
  • At 12/18/2015 8:14 PM, Blogger 柯云 said…

Post a Comment

<< Home