Saturday, June 03, 2006

Calling on the masses to vote...

Me dancing at the first Syrian blogger meetup

If you follow Toot, you probably know that there’s a blog design competition going on. And if you’re following Roba’s blog you probably know that somehow, my blog is in “hot water”. So I figured since people are voting for me, I should give you all some info on the design.

First I want to you to know that I have 0 artistic talent, 0 Photoshop skills, and little to none HTML know-how. So this blog template represent the best of my abilities. (this is where you feel sorry for me)

It took me a total of about 1.5 hours to gather images, Photoshop them, and make some changes to the background and other things. (this is where you say “that’s pretty good for a guy who’s still living in 1984”)

The banner is a parody of Michel Angelo’s painting on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. (this is where the artsy readers will decide to vote for me)

Blue is my favourite colour. (I have no smart ass comment to make here)

So…

Given that my non-existent artistic talent, and lack of know-how, I came to the belief that there are lots of nice people who are voting for me. So if you’re nice and you want to vote then please click here.

6 Comments:

  • At 6/04/2006 3:57 AM, Blogger Ghalia said…

    Um, it's a kinda of bribe, But I voted for you Omar!;)

     
  • At 6/04/2006 7:03 AM, Blogger Yazan said…

    vote counted...

    "Me dancing at the first Syrian Bloggers meetup"??? HUH?

     
  • At 6/04/2006 8:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i am nice, so i have to vote for you :)
    (yalla it's "in your pocket" now!)

     
  • At 6/04/2006 11:45 PM, Blogger x said…

    sam here Ghalia, thanks :)

    Yazan, thanks, and it's a long story.. pretty much I sent Sinan a photo of me.. he printed off my face and glued to a Ken doll. I was then taken by to the first meet up where they had all kinds with me like give glasses, make me dance, and even drink pop.. somwhere in the archives I have more pics

    Thanks Ammar, you truley are a nice guy.. hey maybe we can meet this summer :)

     
  • At 6/05/2006 2:34 PM, Blogger M!R@CHK@ said…

    I voted for you as well coz blue is my favourate color as well :)

     
  • At 6/05/2006 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go Omar, Go! They actually have some really good prizes, g'luck :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home