Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Engineer's Sense of Humour

The summer term is finally approaching its end. But with the end of the term comes the ever hated exams. I've had two so far, Calculus and Machine Design, which are considered to be two of the toughest. But that doesn't mean the rest are easy, Fluids is next, followed by Thermo.

Anyway, this term I have noticed more examples of the engineering sense of humour thrown in to every course. My thermo text is full of questions and cartoons that are supposed to be funny. My Machine Design professor includes all kinds of "jokes" on exams and midterms, as you can see below.

get it? General Motors... Specific Motors In this one he was attempting to make a joke, but I guess he got lazy since it was the last question on the exam.

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 8/03/2006 3:31 AM, Blogger Karin said…

    That's cute though ... but your exams .. OMG!!!!!!!!!
    Anyway .. I cross my fingers for you!!

     
  • At 8/03/2006 12:25 PM, Blogger Abufares said…

    omar
    everybody knows about the engineers' sense of humor.
    i've met much worse,
    pharmacists!!!
    i don't know what's the point of my comment, but pharmacists (lol) make me laugh for no apparent reason. i guess something is wrong with me (rofl). do you remember the stupid song: "saydali ya saydali"? i was at a party once where pharmacists (boys & girls) were present. when this song played, they all looked at each other and jumped to the dance floor and started dancing as if they were having an orgasm. i mean i swear they looked as if they were from another planet.
    i need to stop it. i have no idea what got into me... (rofl)

     
  • At 8/03/2006 3:10 PM, Blogger Karin said…

    Abufares ... I can't stop laughing anymore fom your comment ... you're hilarious!!!

     
  • At 8/03/2006 3:27 PM, Blogger x said…

    much appreciated munich.. I do like the Tony Blair joke :)

    Abufares, I do remember that song. I can just imagine them dancing together.. it must have been hillarious to watch.. did ragheb alama sing that one, or am I totally wrong on that one?

     
  • At 8/03/2006 3:54 PM, Blogger Abufares said…

    No Omar
    It was Azar habib!

    Karin FYI that song "Saydali ya Saydali" means "Pharmacist oh Pharmacist" and you have to trust me on this one, it's very stupid although it might sound nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home