Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Damn Lunatics!

This was written on Tuesday May 3rd

I have gotten a total of 10 hours sleep the past 48 hours, first night was becasue I was still new and didn't feel too good, last night though was a different story.
After I ate, brushed my teeth, and ironed my shirt, I decided to call it a night at 11:30 and get some sweet and much needed sleep. After half an hour of putting my head on the pillow, I heard two loud girls speaking and laughing loudly, it seemed to be coming from below, so I thought they were just some rude friends of one roomie. So I was patient, and then they're annoying voices stopped only to be replaced by Asian guys yelling laughing and making weird noises, as if they were lunatics. I was starting to get angry, it was already 12:30 and I can't sleep. So I opened my door and went downstairs and found no one, so the voices were coming from the rooms above (which I don't have access to).
I saw a light on downstairs so I decided to go down and tell the guy (Kevin) about the noises. He said that when he had a room upstairs he always heard the noises, so at that moment I knew I wasn’t dealing with some random party (on a Monday night!) but rather a repeating occurrence. So, dressed in my pajamas I went outside, up the stairs and rang the bell.
Some dude opened the door, almost surprised to see me, I told him to lower the noise level since I need to work.. blah blah.. and he said ok, went in and shut the door. I went back to my room frustrated, put my head down, only to hear the same yelling and laughing. Again, I decide to be more patient and wait it out, but at 1:30 I have had enough. I went downstairs to borrow Kevin’s cell, and called the police. 20 minutes later the police arrived, asked if I had called and why. They then went upstairs and started telling the bastards to shut up. So once again I put my head down, and as soon as the police left, it started again!
Now I’m pissed. What am I going to do? Who am I going to call? How am I going to sleep? So I go downstairs once more to talk to Kevin, and watch TV with him. It’s now 2:15 am. Then I start hearing more random yells, and some dude screaming words in Chinese. Kevin starts laughing and says that the noise this time is coming from the guy next door to him. So now I’m thinking, these guys are lunatics, and they need major lessons in human interactions. So I knock on the guys door, he comes out looking like a rat. I tell him “listen buddy, I need to sleep here, and I don’t want to hear any noise coming from here” I don’t think he understood me, but I think he could tell what I told him by my facial expressions and body language. This time I go upstairs, and I hear talking upstairs, so I’m thinking well at least they’re not yelling. I passed out on my bed at around 3 am, only to be awaken at 6:20 by my noisy alarm.

I went to work half dead, thinking this sucks, I was stuck living with the weirdest bunch of people ever. I’m now looking for a new place, and seriously considering an alternate solution…. To be continued

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home