Thursday, June 02, 2005

Ruba Nadda


Recently I have become bored of eating sandwiches at work, so I decided to bring some leftovers from home. So, I brought “kousa ma7shi” to work the other day, and one of the students I work with noticed it, and commented “this food is awesome, my brother’s girlfriend is from Damascus, and her mom invited us over for dinner one time, and that’s what I had”

So I said “Oh yeah, that’s cool, you said she was from Damascus?”
He said “Yeah” and so I told him I’m from there too, we talked some more and when lunch was over, we went back to the office, and minutes later he sent me the following e-mail… It turns out this Damascene girl is a lot more interesting that I thought, here’s the e-mail

From:
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 12:45 PM
To: Omar Salaymeh
Subject: RE: Let the day begin!!!!!
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/
story/RTGAM.20050527.wsabah0527/BNStory/Entertainment/?query=sabah
a movie that my brother’s girlfriend wrote and directed. You should check it out, it’s actually quite a good movie.
The movie is playing in select theatres, if I find a theatre near by I will surely check it out.

Also check out http://www.rubanadda.com/ for more articles

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home