Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Update..

School’s started, and fall is a few days from being official. At this time of year nostalgia creeps up on me, especially when I see kids taking their school buses every morning. Anyhow, the Montreal trip is now a chapter in the summer 2005 memories, and a new chapter is about to begin in a few days.

I will be retuning to the beloved Waterloo, for another 4 challenging months, full of deadlines, projects, and a full brain workout. I will also be applying for new jobs, to fill my winter work
term. With the applications comes the extra headache of interviews, reading up job descriptions, researching companies, and practicing those valuable interview “skills” that we have been drilled with.

My work term ended last Friday, on a very good note. The 4 months that passed taught me a lot of life skills such as patience, and how to deal with angry, low-class people. On the other hand I also met a few good guys, who made the 4 month experience more bearable. At the job I was exposed to a new side of mechanical engineering, and I applied some of the knowledge I gained from school to solve some problems. It’s always satisfying to use school knowledge in real life. I got a lot to say about the job, but I will leave that rant for later…

During this week, most of my friends will be moving in. It’s always good to see everyone come back!

The other day I got all the books that I needed, with the help of a dear friend. I paid my tuition this afternoon, and all I need now is some pens, lead, and a billion sheets of paper. The size of the calculus book especially surprised me. I really hope we get to use that over a few terms. Any readers happen to be math experts here? Perhaps experienced in ordinary differential equations? If so drop me an e-mail :)

Just thought I would give you an update on what’s new…

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home