Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Weekend to End Breast Cancer


I recieved this from one of the nicest people I work with. He is looking for donations for a very good cause. There's no limit to how or high you can donate, and you can use your credit card. Please read the story below, even if you don't want to donate.


Please support my Journey and thousand others..

The Weekend to End Breast Cancer is a two-day, 60-kilometre walk through the neighbourhoods of Toronto, taking place September 9-11, 2005. I am walking for my “mi” Sylvia, who has breast cancer. I know deep down in my heart that she will beat this….. I never picture myself going through this. I’ve always thought of my mom as “Superwoman”. Everybody that knows my mom would agree. It hasn't been the same for me since my mother got diagnosed with breast cancer. I thank God for my families and friends for support because I'm not sure where I would be right now if not for them. I would trade position with my mother right now no question ask. I know that won't happen. I do not like to walk. For my mom and everybody else that's affected by cancer, I will change this about me…It has started. I will use everything in my power to raise money for this walk. And this will not be my last one…This is only the beginning. I would like to thank everybody from the bottom of my heart that has contributed and will be contributing to this cause. We will beat this..It's only a matter of time. Proceeds benefit Princess Margaret Hospital, funding important breast cancer research, education, services and care. I love you so much Mi. This one's another proof for you…Hope you don't get sick and tired of hearing it. -Marvin

to donate please click on the link

Best of luck Marv, wish you and your mother all the best

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home