Thursday, October 26, 2006

Halloween Costume Ideas

It’s the time of the year again, where every young boy gets to dress as his favourite superhero, every little girl dresses as a princess (girls always want to be princesses, even at age 20!), and Omar tries to think of another dumb costume to wear.

Well, costume is probably not the right word. I usually end up wearing stuff anybody can find at home, but with a little modification. The archetypal example of such a costume, is the classic ghost costume. A friend of mine actually went out as a ghost one year, for his costume we used a white bed sheet, poked holes into it for eyes, and attached a tongue to it… you know, for comic relief. To help you picture the way he looked, just imagine a 180 pound guy, about 5’7”, with a bed sheet over his head. I have really classy friends :)

One year I was a mobster, I worse dress pants, a vest, grew funky facial hair, slicked my hair back and put some baby-powder on it, to give my self the old “wise guy” look, and the icing on the cake was the cigar I had my dad buy for me, as I was under age at the time. That was a sweet costume. The year after that I was an undercover agent, along with 3 of my friends. We won the “best group costume” category with the help of a hundred cheering girls. The prize… 6 large fries from New York Fries.

This year, the university pub is hosting a Halloween party. If I can get my hands on some tickets, I’ll be sure to attend with a weird costume. So far I have three options:

A grape – buy purple balloons and stick them over my shirt and pants in layers, so I end up looking like a nice, ripe grape. I took this idea from a friend of mine… no, not the same one with the ghost costume.

God’s gift to women – wrap myself in gift wrap, add a few ribbons here and there, and a nice little gift card on the front that says “God’s gift to women.” I have seen someone do this once before, and it looked awesome. So it’s definitely an option.

A Pervert on My Space – This one I came up with the other day. I would wear a “wife-beater” stain it with some mustard and ketchup, mess up my hair and throw some baby power on it, and get a fake belly. My wife-beater would say “I’m 18, single, and sexy… on MY SPACE!” I might go to the party with a friend of mine dressed as a catholic school girl (kilt and white shirt), wouldn’t that be a great reenactment of every My Space encounter EVER!?

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 10/27/2006 6:43 PM, Blogger Ihsan said…

    That should be fun! I have never been to customs party before. Well, I have, but never bothered to wear a custom! Although I feel excited about the idea in general.

    The God's gift to women seems cool, I like it.

     
  • At 10/28/2006 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love all three ideas! But I think God's gift to women is more practical/less freaky than the rest :p

     
  • At 10/28/2006 4:52 AM, Blogger Abufares said…

    I bet it's too cold for this but how about just a naked baby in a diaper and a milk bottle.
    I've done it once (long time ago). The body hair was the big drawback:)

     
  • At 10/29/2006 9:26 AM, Blogger Maria said…

    I've never been to a Halloween Party since its not big here although, I'd love to. You should go for the God's gift for women thingy and tell us how it went. I don't think your ideas are freaky at all..they're more in the line of being practical.

     
  • At 10/29/2006 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The grape idea is great, but it can be an annoying and impraczical costume. I did it for Halowe'en 1992... the balloons made getting to the Hallowe'en party(driving) very difficult and people at the party people kept popping them.
    The second idea is absolutely great, though personally, the third idea is my favourite just because it's kind of sick and twisted, as should everything be on that day :)

    An idea that I always thought was original, yet extremely disgusting was what my brother did one year...he dressed in red and painted his face red, filled his mouth with mayonnaise, which he spat onto people...Yes, he went as a ZIT :)

     
  • At 10/30/2006 1:24 AM, Blogger x said…

    Ihsan, I suggest you give it a try this halloween, i'm sure it'll prove to be great fun

    queenie, I think that's what I settled on so far.. but we'll have to wait and see

    abufares, LOL that's hilarious and it would cold especially in Canada. I can just picture you in that costume though.. lol

    thanks Maria.. I'll upload some pics from the party, whatever it is I decide to wear..

    beti, your bro's ideas is digusting! but very original! My friend mentioned to me, a less twisted, yet kinda funny costume idea.. it's "superman undercover, just before changing into his tight spandex suite" I would have to wear a suit, glasses, and leave the first few buttons of my shirt open, underneath the dress shirt would be a superman shirt.. cheesy yes, but I think it's ceative

     
  • At 12/18/2012 1:22 AM, Anonymous Frances said…

    While you might already have an idea for your group costume, BuyCostumes.com has group Halloween costumes which you might also wish to see for yourself to have more options for your costume.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home