Wednesday, August 29, 2007

So long Toronto...

Summer passed by quickly. Sunday, April 30 the day I moved to Toronto seems like yesterday. When I knew I was going to spend the summer in Toronto, I anticipated going out to see the city every now and then, but I didn’t anticipate seeing and meeting as many cool people as I did. Overall it was a ton of fun, and tonight is my last night in this great city. So what’s next?

Tomorrow will be my last day at work, I plan on moving back home, throwing my stuff in my room and packing for an early morning trip to Montreal. This is the way me and a bunch of friends are going to end our summer. We’re spending two nights in Canada’s number one city for nightlife, and then heading back to Waterloo to use the last few days of summer to get into school mode.

This coming year is my final year as an undergrad. For the first time since I started university, I will have to do two terms in a row. I picked my courses for the1st term, and I’m finalizing my graduation project selection (which you will hear lots about as the term progresses). My blogging habits will get back to normal and you will be reading more of the stuff that you have been used to reading over the past two years.

I have a lot of decision making to do in the next 8 months, and I’m going to be seeking advice from my fellow bloggers and readers. Having met a number of bloggers in person, I realized how lucky I was to start blogging and get the opportunity to meet some of you. I am certainly proud of belonging to the Syrian blogger circle in specific and Arab bloggers in general.

I will leave you with this picture that I took on Tuesday night whilw visiting the Toronto harbour.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

  • At 8/30/2007 6:31 AM, Blogger Abufares said…

    I'm practically the only person in my family who has never been to Toronto (or Canada for that matter).
    I'm glad you're having a good time and look forward reading your refreshing posts again.
    Good luck on your final year.
    Ciao

     
  • At 8/30/2007 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    :-)
    i like goodbye posts, i haven't written my goodbye posts to Beirut yet, i am waiting to miss her like crazy..
    i noticed that my top friends on FB are mostly bloggers, and i thought this is a virtual life!
    good luck!
    nice pic btw.

     
  • At 8/30/2007 10:50 AM, Blogger Yazan said…

    Good luck Omar,
    will be waiting for those science project posts you used to pull on us...

    cheers

     
  • At 8/30/2007 12:43 PM, Blogger poshlemon said…

    I know you've heard this speech many times before but allow me to repeat it.

    It's always hard to say goodbye to a city or a place with which you've grown a certain attachment. This is life; nothing is the same. However, if this is any consolation, well memories and pictures are sort of immortal.

     
  • At 8/30/2007 1:19 PM, Blogger Sam said…

    i miss toronto...ah i miss all of canada...even saskatoon! ok maybe not saskatoon...ah hell yeh i miss saskatoon...it was not too bad...ok yeh it was horrible in winter...ok i'll stop now..3an jad..
    good luck with all your decisions and your last year at school..and with your grad project..if you need any help hubby has lots of connections with big shot engineering companies...hatch, amec, snc lavaline and few other i cant remember..

     
  • At 8/31/2007 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ya zelemeh i envey u. i 'm sorry bas sho besawi, i do.!

     
  • At 9/06/2007 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Best of luck with the return to school.

    Number of Operations Iraq Freedom and Enduring Freedom casualties
    as confirmed by U.S. Central Command: 4161

     
  • At 9/07/2007 12:24 AM, Blogger x said…

    thanks Abufares, anytime you plan in visiting you are welcome.

    Razan, I found that the Syrian bloggers I have met are generally on a higher intellectual level than most people I met through "conventional" means. Perhaps it's virtual now, but as you get to meet them, the relationship will become more real, and less virtual.

    Yazan, soon enough they'll start to re-appear. I just need to be immersed in school first ;)

    poshlemons, I agree with you. I took many pictures while in Toronto, of the city, and of the neighbourhood I was staying at. I have been going through these pictures a lot the past few days.

    Sam, I always find after a few weeks I start missing Canada. Especially when all the dirt, pollution, and chaos starts to hit you. Having said that, a few weeks after coming back I start missing Damascus. Grass is always greener...

    Rahaf, long time no hear. No worries I got a kharazeh zar2a on me at all time ;)

    thanks Ted, the casualty count is an effective way to remind us all of what war is about. There seems to be no sign of Bush slowing down.

     
  • At 9/08/2007 1:43 AM, Blogger queenie said…

    Aww, so sad. Good luck with your last year :) Hurry up and finish and get a job in Toronto! :p

     
  • At 9/09/2007 7:12 AM, Blogger Lilly said…

    Good Luck !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home