Thursday, March 30, 2006

On Drunk Stories...

Why does everybody need to share their drinking stories with me, or anyone else for that matter? This is something that I find extremely annoying, and dumb. Some people come up to you and say "man, we got so trashed last night, it wasn't even funny." Then they start bragging at the amount of drinks they downed, "I had like 6 beers, 4 shots of tequila, 2 shots of Vodka… and then Joe came by with a huge bottle of rum, which we finished just between the two of us… It was freakin' awesome!" Is it really? I think you're a loser who wants to justify that you're cool, by telling me that you party hard. I'm saying ‘he’ here, but there are a lot of she's who shared similar stories with me.

It doesn’t stop there. People also give details of how their head was in the toilet all night, and how they fell down the stairs, and how they puked on the lawn, and how they made out with a chick who was so ugly she might have been a guy. All those stories are said with a sense of pride. Like these losers actually achieved something! And there’s always the confused guy who says “oh so that’s what happened that night.. I can’t remember I was totally hammered”

But, as FunkMaster Flex says “be clear” I have no problem with people getting smashed, just don’t tell me about it. I hate to waste precious minutes of my life hearing such mind numbing crap.

I will finish this post with a mini Lingo Lesson including commonly used synonyms of the word “drunk”
- trashed - shit faced - smashed - hammered

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 3/30/2006 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    um....yea...i so agree. i hate hearing about that crap. and i just started a new retail job that has mostly high school kids and some college kids to the age of 22...i'm an assistant, so i have to deal with their hangovers and aches and pains from nights of drinking. i swear, whats up with americans? they are so lame...put energy into finding an alternative to finding money to compensate us for the high tuition we pay. seriously! get a life!

     
  • At 3/31/2006 2:29 AM, Blogger Hovic Atokian said…

    I hate this kind of attitude. The heavy drinkers are always a burden on the society. I am soft-light drinker on occasions, but I oppose any overindulgence on these matters, as it also consumes the energy of the society.

     
  • At 4/01/2006 6:50 PM, Blogger Polka Dotted said…

    born to listen

     
  • At 4/03/2006 7:45 PM, Blogger x said…

    jinan, these kids would rather have a hangover than read a book, or become aware of what's going on in the world. Remeber, it's not cool to study, but it is to be a bad ass..

    aleppian, I totally agree., unfortunately lots of people push it to the limit, and like I mentioned, it all goes back to how "cool" it looks. Values of society here and in Syria are astronomically different.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home