Monday, December 18, 2006

Lost the competition

A few weeks ago I received an email from the Dept of Mechanical Eng at school, announcing a logo design competition for the "The Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering." Being a person who's amused by logos, I decided to give the competition my best try.

I designed the logo in AutoCAD, and took it into Photoshop, and with my limited skills, and with a bit luck I got what you can see below. The yellow object is a classic caliper, the orange thing is a 6 axis robot, and the gear is obvious. Yellow and gold are the university colours.

Initial design in AutoCAD


After Photoshop

Today I got an email telling me my design was creative, and that it was a hard decision, blah blah blah, and that I lost the competition...

I'm curious to see what the winner's logo looks like.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home