Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Screwed...

What do you get when you have a group of three students, working on a design project that’s originally designed for four? Yes, an increased work load.

What happens if a person on your team is forced to drop the term for personal reason? You get screwed.

This is what happened today to me and the remaining group member. We now have the daunting task of designing a heat sink, building it, testing it, analyzing the testing, modify accordingly, build a final prototype, verify design through more testing, and write a final design report, in a span of ten weeks. Add to that midterm week, applying for jobs, and (hopefully) getting interviews, and you get me.

I have this feeling of guilt surrounding me at every moment, no matter what I’m doing. Sometimes I have to remind my self that reading a textbook is an actual productive use of my time to ease the feeling of guilt. I feel guilty right now for writing this.


On a random note before I forget:

- I joined a Salsa class :D

- Ever since coming back from Syria this summer I came to the realization that George Wassouf is like beer, an acquired taste.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 1/23/2007 7:21 PM, Blogger Omar said…

    for me, George Wassouf is not like beer.. the relation to beer is: i need to have had 15 beers at least to be drunk enough to actually force myself to listen to him..

    not related to your post.. i know.. but i felt like saying it.

    good luck..

     
  • At 1/24/2007 6:04 AM, Blogger Yazan said…

    I second that Omar... I detest George Wassouf... :( u must've listen to it for such a long time, cuz am a VERY long way from liking him...

    bt, regardless, about ur project. Aiiiiii!!

     
  • At 1/25/2007 12:27 AM, Blogger x said…

    all comments are welcome Omar.

    Omar and Yazan, there's no doubt that Wassouf is a loser. No one can argue that, and I think that's the reason I hated him and his music for a long time. But if you just pretend that it's not him and listen to the songs, for a really long time, you begin to actually like his music.

    It might be the fact that during the summer I listened to a George Wassouf CD every time my uncle and I went somewhere, and I now associate his music with being in Syria with family. Or I may have simply acquired a taste for his music..

    either way, I know where you guys come from

     
  • At 1/25/2007 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My brother (who studied comp engineering) was just saying the same thing last night about how he guilty he had always felt when he wasn't studying, it was wrong and vile if he was watching tv instead of working on some project or reading.

     
  • At 1/26/2007 1:33 AM, Blogger x said…

    queenie, this my classmates and I often complain to each other about the feeling of guilt. It bothers me so much not taking part of certain school activities due to my hectic schedule.. I would like to be a lot more involved that I currently am, but what are you gonna do?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home